1. Engage: Students will analyze and evaluate political cartoons related to women’s suffrage.
2. Explore: Students will examine lists of women who voted or attempted to vote in elections before the 19th amendment and analyze trends by state and time.
3. Explain: Students will source and contextualize a primary source newspaper article relating to Anthony’s court testimony at her sentencing.
4. Extend/Expand: Students will compare multiple accounts of the same testimony to determine trustworthiness.
5. Evaluate: Students will participate in a 4-Corners class discussion (or respond in writing) to discussion prompts about the trustworthiness and historical content of each account.
joined 3 years, 2 months ago