1. Engage: Students will watch a short video clip of a dog being bad. Students will then discuss/ share personal pet stories.
2. Explore: Students will read “12 EASY STEPS TO RAISING A KITTEN OR PUPPY TO BE A CONFIDENT, GOOD CAT OR DOG” using an analytical reading tool.
3. Explain: Students will use Tree Map (See attached) to write down two main ideas, each with two supporting details.
4. Extend/Expand: Students will write their own “12 steps to”/ explanatory essay on a chosen topic using the Tree Map for prewriting.
5. Evaluate: Students will use a rubric to grade each other’s work on organization and clarity.