1. Engage: Teacher will show the original Barbie commercial from 1959. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hhjjhYGQtY&playnext=1&list=PLC36B6061AAEEB1BD&feature=results_main
2. Explore: Students will read the poem, “Barbie Doll” by Marge Piercy and chapter two of Weissman
3. Explain: Students (in pairs) will create a T-chart comparing the literary choices (Style) of the authors in each genre.
4. Extend/Expand: Students will choose and research a product, social issue, or media (TV show/ Song) that they feel impacts society in a negative or positive way.
5. Evaluate: Then students will write on, “Which format made a bigger positive contribution to theme and meaning, and why?” and/ or, “How do style, format, and genre enhance or hinder a written work?”
joined 4 years, 2 months ago