1. Engage: Students will find the math used in Hans Rosling’s video titled: 200 countries, 200 years, 4 minutes – The Joy of Stats.
2. Explore: Students will graph, using a scatter plot, the scores for each episode (3 seasons) for the TV show Teen Wolf. Students will draw a line of best fit and discuss trends.
3. Explain: Students will look at graphs for the following TV shows: Heroes, Sopranos, and American Idol and discuss trends as well as outliers.
4. Extend/Expand: Students will make two graphs of the average season scores for the TV show Community—one that includes season 4 and one without season 4, which will help them see the impact of outlier data. Students will investigate differences in qualitative and quantitative perspectives by comparing viewership ratings and scores.
5. Evaluate: Students will generate a claim about the relationship between U.S. state income versus life expectancy by state and will provide evidence to justify or revise their claim
joined 2 years, 9 months ago