1. Engage: Students will watch a video clip of a disease spreading across a map. They will discuss what the video represents and link to TV pop culture, such as “Walking Dead” or “True Blood”. Students will write everything they know about zombies and predict how much time it would take for zombies to change a population of 2000 people into zombies.
2. Explore: Students will participate in a zombie take over activity; gathering data, using calculators to graph the data and generating an equation that models the take over.
3. Explain: Students will explain their results and conclusions from the zombie “take over” activity in the form of a poster or slide presentation.
4. Extend/Expand: Students will research other applications of exponential/logistic functions and prepare a two-minute public service announcement (PSA) over their findings.
5. Evaluate: Students will evaluate the PSAs of other groups and complete a two-question assessment.
Sorry, there were no forum topics found.