1. Engage: Students will imagine themselves in the Great Depression and listen to an audio recording FDR’s Dustbowl Fireside Chat.
2. Explore: Students will analyze primary source documents to explore Dust Bowl conditions, and their impact on individuals.
3. Explain: Students will do a close reading of FDRs Dust Bowl Fireside Chat utilizing “Stop and Jot” as an analytical reading tool.
4. Extend/Expand: Students will read a second informational text about New Deal responses to the Dust Bowl and compare/contrast it to FDR text utilizing an H-Chart.
5. Evaluate: Students will write a position paper about the impact of New Deal responses to the Dust Bowl or investigate current drought conditions and create a podcast to compare it to the Dust Bowl.
joined 2 years, 10 months ago