1. Engage: Students will see a picture of a chicken truck and discuss what information they need to know in order to estimate the total number of the chickens in the truck.
2. Explore: Students will calculate the number of chickens in the truck from the information discussed in the engage portion
3. Explain: Students will commit and toss their solutions to peers and evaluate each other’s work giving constructive criticism. When students’ work is returned they will adjust their calculations based on the feedback given from peers.
4. Extend/Expand: Students will develop an equation for how to calculate the number of chickens for any size transport vehicle. Students will determine the number of chickens for multiple transport vehicles of varying sizes using their equations.
5. Evaluate: Students will compare their equations and evaluate their answers coming to a class consensus on the number of chickens for each vehicle.
joined 4 years, 1 month ago