1. Engage: Students will speculate about the size (area and perimeter) of the White House and watch a video of a tour of the White House.
2. Explore: Students will calculate the area of the classroom and how many tables would fit into their classroom.
3. Explain: Students will calculate the area of the White House and slave quarters and calculate how many slave quarters will fit into the White House.
4. Extend/Expand: Students will read and compare paired texts about slaves who constructed the White House and slave life in general.
5. Evaluate: Students will write a 2Voice Poem from the perspective of a US President and a slave who constructed the White House.
joined 2 years, 9 months ago