1. Engage: Students will share their prior knowledge about the Berlin Wall as well as Presidents Kennedy and Reagan. Students will view primary source photographs to trigger prior knowledge.
2. Explore: Students will view clips of both Berlin Wall Speeches and complete the speech analysis handout. Students will share their observations in small groups.
3. Explain: Students will source and closely read text versions of the Berlin Wall speeches and discuss how this changes their understanding of the speeches.
4. Extend/Expand: Students will create historical sequencing activities online or with index cards and a textbook.
5. Evaluate: Students will trade their sequencing activities and quiz each other, write a Two-Voice Poem, or write a foreign policy speech on a current foreign policy issue.
joined 4 years, 1 month ago